ELASTIC ENGINEERING OF NEW MILLENNIUM
- designing of original devices and machines ensuring qualitatively new level of performing necessary functions as compared to analogs;
- development of methods of energy conversion, for example, gas into other kinds of energy (kinetic, electrical, mechanical) and devices for realization thereof;
- development of methods and technical facilities (diagnostic and testing stands) for estimating properties of materials of elastic toroidal shells reflecting conditions of operation thereof in devices and machines (resistance to continuously changing bending; concentration of aerosol particles extracted during operation; resistance of materials to mechanical effects arising during operation of shells in devices and machines, and so on);
- investigation of properties of film materials, film and fabric materials;
- development of methods, physical and statistical models of elements made on the basis of Tore Technologies which reveal relation of functional parameters of the elastic toroidal shell to its geometrical dimensions and parameters of materials it's made of;
- manufacturing of operating models of transport vehicle, headframe equipment, lifting device, container etc.
Nowadays, wide application of Tore Technologies is hampered by the lack of methods of calculation, design and quantitative estimations of reliability and efficiency.
For active introduction of Elastic Engenering, it is necessary to carry out research and experimental work aimed at creation of theoretical and technological base for design and manufacture of products, namely:
- statics of cylindrical and conical elastic toroidal shells changed kinematically;
- kinematics of cylindrical and conical elastic toroidal shells;
- dynamic model of the elastic toroidal shells;
- formulation of criteria for energetical efficiency of mechanisms based on the elastic toroidal shells;
- development of methods for evaluation of random component of positioning error for executive (operating) element of the mechanism based on the elastic toroidal shell;
- development of methods for optimum design of mechanisms, including the elastic toroidal shells, according to criteria of minimum manufacturing cost and maximum efficiency of the mechanism;
- creation of a set of diagnostics and testing equipment.
As a result of experimental investigations, the data are expected to be obtained which would be sufficient for developing both adequate theoretical models of statics, kinematics and dynamics of shells in mechanisms and energetical criteria of efficiency of the mechanisms and devices made on the base of the shells being investigated.
The following results of theoretical and experimental investigations are expected to be obtained:
- factors effecting functional parameters of mechanisms made on the base of elastic toroidal shells;
- analytical relations for design calculation of mechanisms with given functional parameters;
- possibility of optimization of mechanisms and devices being designed according to the criterion of maximum value of efficiency accounting the manufacturing cost;
- recommendations for the choice of devices producing reciprocal motion of operating element of the mechanism, and so on.
At the moment we have huge Tore Technologies know-how from idea to mass production of tore mechanisms.